Those considering home health care, need to ask the following questions of any agency they are considering:
- How long have you been in business?
- Have you personally checked this person’s references and is he or she bonded?Is there a registered nurse who supervises on a regular basis?
- Is there a trained coordinator available by telephone 24-7? (a requirement for licensed facilities)
- Are your home health care workers certified or licensed by the state?
- How long have they worked in the agency’s employ?
- Is the agency accredited by a recognized accrediting body?
- Is the agency licensed by the state?